Summer Camp 2020 – Save the Dates
Here it is… the 2020 Summer Drama Camp Schedule! We’re not ready to release titles and topics yet, but this will give you an idea of when camps will be offered next season so that you can begin to make your summer plans.
Wondering what all of this means?
- Broadway Babies: these preschool drama camps incorporate songs, dances, and crafts for students aged 3-5 centered around a particular theme for the week. These camps meet for 2 hours per day for five days and culminate in a final performance.
- Showcase Camp: these elementary-aged camps are fun-filled week-long sessions with songs, dances, and scenes centered around a particular theme. These camps meet from 9 am to 3 pm for five days and culminate in a final performance.
- Mini-Musical: these two-week camps for elementary-aged students give campers the opportunity to try out performing in a musical. Students rehearse throughout the day and work towards two final performances complete with costumes, props, and basic set pieces.
- Theatre Skills Camp: these one-week sessions for middle and high school students help students gain valuable experience in onstage skills like singing, dancing, and preparing for auditions. Students leave the camp week with real life experience and repertoire.
- Theatre Artistry Camp: these one-week sessions for middle and high school students explore the behind-the-scenes skills of theatre such as design, stagecraft, directing, and more.
- Production Camp: available for both Elementary and Middle/High School groups, students work together to put on a fully-staged musical production at the end of three weeks. Camp culminates in multiple final performances supported with costumes, props, and sets.
- Premiere Performers: available for Middle/High School students, this four-week camp (held at Howard High School) gives students who take theatre seriously the opportunity to work together to perform in a more challenging musical at an accelerated pace. Camp culminates in multiple final performances on Howard High School’s stage.