Drama Learning Center has been providing high quality theatrical education for over 30 years. At DLC, students receive the training and guidance needed to develop self-confidence, self-expression, and a love for the arts. Through classes, camps, workshops, and private instruction, DLC is committed to helping students of all ages discover the magic of the stage while realizing the confidence within themselves.
By studying theatre and working as part of a theatrical team, students develop skills in:
- Public Speaking
- Reading Comprehension
- Independent Thought
- the Value of Hard Work
…all while having fun on the stage
From age 3 to adult, there’s a program for everyone at DLC.
Fall, Winter, & Spring Classes
- Broadway Babies (Ages 3-5) – imagination-based learning to introduce drama concepts. Final showcase at the end of class term.
- Beginning Acting Classes (Grades 3-5) – Students work together to tell a musical story while developing confidence and learning drama terms. Two dress rehearsals and two final performances conclude the class term.
- Production Classes (Grades 3-6, 3-8, or 6-12) – While working together on a two-act musical, students of various levels of experience will understand the importance of ensemble theatre as they improve their individual skill set. 5 dress rehearsals and two final performances conclude the class term.
- Teaching Young Artists (TYA) Professional Training Program (Grades 6-12, 9-college) – Available by audition only, TYA Company Members are trained in professional theatre practices across four programs.
- School Programs – DLC can customize a drama program to suit the needs at your school. Popular offerings include After School Drama classes/productions, In-School Workshops, and Arts Integration Residencies.
School’s Out, Winter Break, and Snow Day Workshops are 1-day themed workshops that offer a fun alternative on days off of school.
DLC offers private voice and acting lessons as well as audition preparation for students elementary through adult, with a focus on healthy vocal development through musical theatre repertoire.
DLC’s 8,000 square foot facility is conveniently located off Route 108 in the Columbia/Ellicott City corridor. It is easily accessible from Routes 29, 32, 70, 95, and 100. The Red Branch Road location houses a fully-equipped 120-seat theatre, two rehearsal studios, a private lesson studio, and a scenic shop. Storage locations house an extensive inventory of costume, prop, and set pieces. Facility and production elements are available for rental.