Offerings in Voice • Acting • Audition Prep • Piano
for Adults and Children
Mondays & Saturdays: Janine Sunday
Beginner thru Advanced Voice, Acting, Audition Prep
Tuesdays & Thursdays: Dustin Merrell
Beginner thru Advanced Voice, Acting, Audition Prep
Wednesdays: Rachel Sandler
Beginner thru Advanced Voice, Audition Prep
Wednesdays & Fridays: Christine Goddard
Beginner and Intermediate Voice, Acting, Audition Prep, Piano
By Appointment: Tiffany Underwood Holmes
Resident Music Director, Advanced Voice & Audition Prep, TYA Scholars
Note: Other dates/times based on instructor availability. Call for more details.
- Establishing age appropriate varied repertoire
- Executing proper vocal and breathing technique
- Displaying consistency of character throughout song and/or monologue
- Learning proper audition etiquette, assisting with role/show preparation (where applicable)
- Drop in Lessons: $40/half-hour, $70/hour
- 10-Lesson Packages: $35/half-hour, $65/hour. Packages must be paid in full prior to the first lesson to receive package pricing.
- TYA Company Members will receive discounted pricing on one-hour lessons and packages.
- 1-Hour Lessons are available for Advanced Students and TYA Members only, or with instructor approval.
- A half-hour evaluation lesson can be conducted for new students who are interested in hour-long study.
- Lessons must be scheduled through the front office and paid in full prior to the lesson.
- DLC must receive at least 24 hours notice in order to reschedule a lesson.
- Package lessons must occur prior to the expiration date of the package (six months from the date of the first lesson).
- Rescheduled lessons must occur prior to the package expiration date, within 15 days of the originally scheduled lesson.
- Required materials for each lesson: bottle of water, recording device, pencil and sheet music. If students do not bring their sheet music to the lesson, the instructor will work on vocal technique.
About the Instructors
Tiffany Underwood Holmes has music directed prolifically throughout the Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan area since completing studies in music with a concentration in voice at Towson University. Mrs. Holmes currently resides in Baltimore with her husband Stephen and daughter Imogen. She is proud to be the music director for Teaching Young Artists, DLC’s professional training program, and the managing director of Red Branch Theatre Company.
Having studied musical theatre, classical, and jazz with performers at the top of their fields, Tiffany is equally comfortable teaching classical voice, musical theatre, and other commercial styles. However, coming from the belief that singers on the operatic stage use the same technique as those with careers in theatre, she approaches her training from a classical standpoint. She instills solid vocal technique in her students through varied repertoire with the objective of preparing them to become well-rounded performers.
Dustin Merrell has been working with performers in throughout the region for several years, with a primary focus in music directing. He is a Red Branch Theatre Company member, and has music directed RBTC’s Once On This Island, Schoolhouse Rock LIVE!, Avenue Q, Triumph of Love, A Year With Frog and Toad, Spring Awakening, Dogfight, and Sweeney Todd.
Dustin has worked one on one with hundeds of young performers through his work across the area, developing audition material, performance etiquette and technique. He applies those same teachings to various performers who study voice with him privately.
Christine Goddard began taking classical piano lessons at the age of 8. Music quickly became her passion. Christine attended California State University at Chico, graduating in 2009 with a degree in Music. Specializing in both piano and voice, she has played and sung in a variety of settings, including various musical theatre, churches, and rock bands. She has assisted in the direction of several theatrical productions and holds many onstage performing credits as well. In 2013, Ms. Goddard moved to Baltimore to pursue her musical career. When not teaching, Christine performs in her 80’s throwback band, Mom Rock.
Janine Sunday has been performing on stages in the DC/Baltimore area for almost 20 years. She is a four time Helen Hayes Nominee and a familiar face at both Toby’s Dinner Theatre and at the Olney Theatre Center. She was an integral part in CCTA’s Teen Professional Theatre Camp for many years serving as the company managing director, teaching various master classes in lyric interpretation, 16 bar and audition preparation, developing a character in an ensemble, monologue coaching and more. Ms. Sunday was classically trained at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Please note that Ms. Janine’s lessons will be accompanied by a staff accompanist once every 10-lesson package. Live accompaniment is not provided at every lesson unless a special request is made. Additional fees may apply.
Andy Clemence has been a professional stage, film, and voice actor for 35 years, appearing in lead roles at The Kennedy Center, Ford’s Theatre, American Century Theatre, and Folger Shakespeare Theatre. He has done voice acting in hundreds of audio-books for Graphic Audio Productions and performed for 15 years with the political comedy troupe The Capitol Steps, portraying President GW Bush for 8 years all across the U.S. and Off-Broadway. In Hollywood, Andy starred in a number of films for Syfy-Universal including Black Forest opposite Accademy Award winner Ben Cross, Super Cyclone opposite Ming-Na (Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD), and Rise of the Zombies opposite LaVar Burton and Danny Trejo. He also appeared as the Secretary of Labor on House of Cards, Season 3 opposite Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey.
Mr. Clemence holds a BFA degree in Acting from The Catholic University of America. He is represented by Jordan, Gill, and Dornbaum Talent Agency in NYC, and is a life-long member of the Screen Actor’s Guild and Actor’s Equity Association. Many of the youth and adult actors Andy has coached privately have signed with top agents from NY and LA as a result. He also provides Video Audition taping services, on-camera coaching, audition prep, and career & industry consultations.