We are so excited to take a trip back to provincial France this Spring with our class productions of Beauty and the Beast! The classic tale has been a perennial favorite on DLC’s stage for years. Take a look at just a handful of ways we’re celebrating the return of Beauty and the Beast with our students and their families this Spring.
- Private Screening: We’ve rented out an entire movie theater to be among the first to see the new live action film adaptation of Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson (Harry Potter franchise) and Dan Stevens (of Downton Abbey fame). DLC students will be able to engage in a choreography mini-masterclass prior to the screening, and everyone will go home with a special DLC goodie bag! Would you like to join us? Fill out the form below for more details.
- Exclusive Access to NYC Trip: For years, we have travelled to the Big Apple every year to see a new Broadway musical. This year, we were fortunate enough to secure seats to the new stage adaptation of animated classic Anastasia. Join us on the bus as we “journey to the past!” Register for a Spring class if you’re not already to get access to the secret link to purchase your New York City trip tickets!
- Beauty and the Beast Fundraiser: Jamberry wraps have taken the DLC teaching staff by storm. You can guarantee to see many teachers and staff members sporting cute nails around the theatre thanks to these stylish accessories. Jamberry has come out with an officially-licensed line of Beauty and the Beast-themed nail wraps just in time for our Spring shows. Sport your DLC pride and Beauty and the Beast spirit by purchasing some Beauty and the Beast nail wraps. If you want to shop for a cause, fill out the form below to get the link for the fundraising page. Your purchase will help off-set production costs including an overhaul of our props and costumes for this production.
- Refreshed Costumes and Props: Beauty and the Beast has been a well-loved show, which is why we’ve brought it back again just in time for our students to realize these characters on stage. Our production staff is hard at work to breathe new life and resources into the technical components for this production to provide our students with an enhanced theatrical experience.
- Exciting Souvenir Merchandise: In addition to our production t-shirts, which have become fun collector’s items, students and audience members will have the opportunity to purchase Beauty and the Beast-themed merchandise like light-up roses.
We are looking forward to a great Spring with our students! At the time of this post, Friday Elementary Musical Theatre and Tuesday Elementary/Middle Musical Theatre are full and on waitlist. Register for one of our remaining Spring classes, or call us at (410) 849-6335 to be added to the waitlist. Do you have a question or want more information on anything that you’ve read above? Filll out the form below and we’ll get back to you!